Aired on April 8, 2013.
It's hard to make friends as you get older. It seems like as you get older, you've locked in your group of friends. When you transform your life, you outgrow a lot of relationships. Joining a group for something you're interested in is a great way to make friends. Take a fresh look at your neighbors, co-workers, classmates.
Once you've met someone who is like-minded, get to know their friends. Don't be afraid to be vulnerable and "ask out" a new friend.
Sometimes you have to give up your old "playthings," and "playgrounds" so that you don't slide back into bad habits.
Janice was eating Reeses! Jillian told her to get Unreal peanut butter cups instead.
Reasons Why People Give Up the Gym
- A new relationship. Frequent exercisers have more feelings of desire. You HAVE to keep working out because it will improve your relationship. Women who do their own thing in the context of the relationship have better relationships. You can also be more active with your partner.
- You've been sidelined by an injury. Some people don't want to go if they can't do 100 percent. You have to just show up and do it.
- You fall out of your routine for some reason. You have to just jump back in. Make plans with a friend so you just have to do it. Think about how much better you'll feel when it's over.
Bring them with you.
- Hard-boiled eggs. You can devil them. Put them in a Tupperware container and take it with you.
- Freeze-dried fruit. It doesn't have the extra sugar in it. Have some nuts with it, but don't go crazy.
- Cheese sticks. Pack them with some whole-wheat crackers.
- Pop Chips. Yummy. Get the baked ones.
- Almond butter packets.
- Jerky. Try to get it organic so it doesn't have MSG or smoke-flavored stuff.
- 22 Days Bar. Get one that's around 200 calories and has protein.
The Love Doctor
Nicole called. She's back in school for interior design. Keeping busy can be an excuse for not taking the time to be vulnerable and meet someone. She needs to remind herself of her worth, so if she meets someone that's crazy, it's not devastating.