Where is your belief about who you are and what you're capable of limiting your potential?
- The pain of where you're at has to outweigh your fear of change.
- How painful is it to sell yourself short?
- If you do fail, it's just an entry point for learning, not a validation that you're not good.
- Where can you do more and be more? How is selling yourself short hurting you?
- Incentivize yourself to take baby steps to open up a door to a different possibility.
- The more small successes you have, the stronger you'll become to take the bigger steps needed for change.
Food Fraud - Things that you think are healthy, but they're fattening!
- Caesar Salad - Just the salad dressing itself has 300-400 calories. About 30 grams of fat. Add cheese, croutons...it's a disaster. Get light cheese with dressing on the side, and skip the croutons. Croutons are bread covered in butter in oil.
- Smoothies - Have about 500 calories each. Take it easy. Jillian lets her daughter have smoothies, specifically "The Hulk." If you have a kid with a weight problem, don't do it.
- Energy Bar - Fat is stored energy. An energy bar can be 300-400 calories. Even a 200 calorie energy bar is a lot of calories. It would have to be your whole snack. Janice thinks that some of the healthy ones taste like hay.
- Chipotle - sustainable. A chicken burrito is about 1000 calories. Instead, get the fajitas and light oil. Or get fish tacos and take one of the corn tortillas off the tacos. Don't eat the chips.
- Vitamin Water - loaded with calories. Watch to see how many servings are in each bottle. Some of them are 2.5 servings at 50 calories per bottle. It ends up being 150 calories.
- Turkey versions of food - There is just as much fat in the turkey version. Read the label and check the calories. Check the ingredients. Just because something is turkey, doesn't mean it's healthy. Look for nitrate free, chemical free, and then look at the calories.
- Bran muffin - Five hundred calories. You can get smaller ones or lower fat ones, or eat just half, but it's still not great for you.
- Light Olive Oil - Has the same amount of fat as Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Baked Beans, Cole Slaw - Jillian doesn't appreciate it when people bring this stuff to her potluck parties. Count the calories!
You should not eat while at your desk. It's bad for overeating, and you still feel deprived. You need lunch time to decompress. Take some time for yourself.
Training with an injury - Will you lose fitness by stopping training?
- Cardiovascular conditioning - It takes about three months to use it if you're an advanced athlete. A beginner would lose conditioning quicker.
- Muscle strength - Disuse atrophy can start after 72 hours. Muscles you use more often won't atrophy as quickly.
Janice talked about her first professional gig as a can-can dancer. Jillian talks about how she has taken living in the USA for granted. She also talks about how other annoying moms brought Doritos to a party instead of Pop Chips, and how a four-year-old called her out for bringing cupcakes. Jillian gives her kiddo Unreal candy instead of the regular candies.
I did my best to compile these notes from the show. If there are any errors, please send me an email, and I'll try to correct it as soon as possible. I am not a doctor, personal trainer, dietician, or anything that would remotely qualify me to give advice about health, medicine, or anything else. Please consult a professional before following any advice. This site is a summary of information provided on the Jillian Michaels Podcast that was compiled to the best of my ability. I am not responsible for any inaccuracies or errors.
Photo from Empowered Media/ITunes.