- Some people think it drives them. It's like using gasoline. It keeps your car going, but it ruins the environment, and costs you tons of money. If you do something because you love it, there's no cost.
- What are the consequences of your resentment? What are your alternatives?
- Acknowledge the part that you're playing in it. How are you contributing to the situation? Look at what it's costing you.
- Set boundaries. You have to protect yourself.
- Resentment is a waste of energy, time, and happiness. Live in the light! :-)
Negative Feedback - Tara Mohr came on to talk about negative feedback.
- Women are more affected by negative feedback. Women's ideas about themselves changed because of the negative feedback.
- It's important to be able to endure negative feedback. If you're living your authentic life, people will give negative feedback because they want you to conform more. If you're vocal, or doing something important, people will give you negative feedback.
- Feedback tells you about the person giving the feedback. It doesn't tell you about you. It's not about dismissing them, but it's giving you information about the people you want to reach and influence. You can use the feedback to fine tune and rework the project that you're working on.
- Remember that there are lots of possible truths. Brainstorm about twenty different stories behind that feedback.
- Carol Dweck - What is the effect of praise on children. It's important to reward for persistence and effort. If you just praise for a job well done, it can be paralyzing.
- Expect to get negative feedback. Go on Amazon and look up your favorite authors. Look at the 5 star reviews, and look at 0 star reviews. Everyone has negative feedback.
- Ten Rules for Brilliant Women - Free download by Tara Mohr. Get it on her website: http://www.taramohr.com/.
- Five Starburst = 100 calories. That's 15-20 minutes of exercise.
- Four Hershey's Kisses = 100 calories
- Four Tootsie Rolls = 100 calories
- Eight Dots = 100 calories
- Nine Whoppers = 100 calories
- People don't realize how many of these little things add up
- Monster Bacon and Beef Cheeseburger with Onion Rings at IHOP = 1900 calories. That's more than most people should be eating in a day.
- You can still eat a burger, but not have it be so many calories. If you make things at home, you can control the calories more.
- Be savvy and think about how many calories you're eating without realizing it. Think about how long you'll have to work out. Are five Starburst worth 15 minutes of exercise to you?
Four Fitness Tools to Help You Condition Your Core
- Medicine Ball - Janice thought this was funny. You're rotating, bending, and doing things that make you use your core.
- Free weights - Dumbbells - Overhead dumbbell walks. You target your shoulder and force your torso to stabilize.
- Resistance bands
- Kettle bells - Janice warns that doing kettle bells in a cramped spot can be dangerous.
Jillian also answered an email about exercise headaches, Sometimes caffeine can help. Try having EBoost before your workout. She answered another email from a former dancer that wants to reduce her thighs. Eat less, and do a lot of endurance running if that's what you really want.
I did my best to compile these notes from the show. If there are any errors, please send me an email, and I'll try to correct it as soon as possible. I am not a doctor, personal trainer, dietician, or anything that would remotely qualify me to give advice about health, medicine, or anything else. Please consult a professional before following any advice. This site is a summary of information provided on the Jillian Michaels Podcast that was compiled to the best of my ability. I am not responsible for any inaccuracies or errors.
Photo from Empowered Media/ITunes.