Jillian went to Haiti and visited her daughter and realized how tough and wonderful it is to be a mom. Very entertaining and sweet segment. A must-hear for parents.
Fat Melting Tips - Things that Jillian tells reporters when they want to know what readers can do to get more healthy NOW.
- Throw out your junk food
- Take a cat nap
- Drink water - will make you healthier five minutes from now. :-)
- Helps flush toxins from body and boosts energy level.
- Makes cells take up glucose more efficiently and improves metabolism.
- Hydration helps your cells function properly.
- When your blood is more hydrated, your cells release more fat. It's called lipolysis. Janice loved that word.
Machine Throw-Down - How to choose between two similar pieces of equipment at the gym. Some equipment is more efficient than others. You want a machine that makes you use your muscles the way you would use it
- 45-degree-angle back extension bench vs. Pin-Selected - use your own body weight, and you recruit glutes, hamstrings, calves, and lower back.
- Hamstring curl where you lay down vs. one where you sit up - Laying down requires you to utilize more of your glutes and calves. You synergize more of your muscle groups.
- Pec deck vs. Cable Cross Over - Cable Cross Over is better - you choose the path of motion and it forces your body to use triceps, shoulders, core strength, and you have to stabilize at the same time you push the weight forward. If you're an extreme beginner the pec deck is better.
Hot or Cold Day - Take an inventory of how you're feeling when you're doing different activities or jobs. Always think about stopping in the middle of your day to think about how you're feeling so you can course correct and shift. Try to be as present as possible.
Body Revolution - Designed to take a lot of weight off of people. If you don't have weight to lose, you need to up your calories.
Wheat - It's a high glycemic index food. You don't want to make it a huge part of your diet, but you don't want to cut it out either. Going organic will help. Lectin might block leptin receptors, which helps us fight hunger. Jillian eats Ezekiel muffins. She has wheat in her foods. If you consume wheat with veggies, protein, etc., it's better. Someone is writing a new diet book and stirring the pot about wheat... Wheat isn't a superfood, but it's not the end of the world if you eat it.
360 Weight Loss Navigator - Body Media Fit Armband. Goes on your upper arm and tracks calories burned, sleep efficiency, etc. You can log your food. Jillian can create a program for you, and then the armband sends her information. Jillian will send you messages that tell you how to course correct. Sort of like the old Body Buggs. Costs $180.
Fart sounds abound at the end of the show. Not to be missed!
I did my best to compile these notes from the show. If there are any errors, please send me an email, and I'll try to correct it as soon as possible. I am not a doctor, personal trainer, dietician, or anything that would remotely qualify me to give advice about health, medicine, or anything else. Please consult a professional before following any advice. This site is a summary of information provided on the Jillian Michaels Podcast that was compiled to the best of my ability. I am not responsible for any inaccuracies or errors.
Photo from Empowered Media/ITunes.