Very funny opening segment about how Jillian went to a pumpkin patch with her kids. She gives her kid Barlene's Lemon Merengue flavored fish oil and tells her it's candy. Hehe!
- Unreal - make versions of Snickers, Milky Way, etc. You can get them at the drugstores. No HFCS, no hydrogenated oil. It's just sugar and fat, not the chemically stuff.
- OCHO - make clean candy bars.
- Paul Newman - makes peanut butter cups.
- Sundrops - organic chocolate covered peanuts.
- Celebrate the holiday! Go to Halloween events, read Halloween stories. Learn about the tradition and culture. It doesn't all have to be about the bad food.
Everyone talked about the bad things that people could give out to trick-or-treaters...like pennies or pencils.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Early Detection. You can change the mortality rate by 50 percent if you just catch it early. Get your regular checkups. Do the self-exam, regularly. Do it regularly, because the cancer can grow quickly. If you catch things earlier, it's so much easier to manage. 85 percent of breast cancer cases that occur have NO family history.
- Go Organic! Pesticides are linked to breast cancer. The Dirty Dozen are the thin-skinned fruits and veggies that are the worst. If you can't afford the organic fruits and veggies, don't buy the thin-skinned ones. Eat an orange. The Clean 15 has thicker skins or natural insecticides. Prioritize the organic dollars on grass-fed beef, ocean-caught fish, dairy, avoid soy.
- Sleep. You have to sleep. If you get fewer than six hours of sleep a night, you get low-grade inflammation. Try to get 7-8 hours of sleep a night. If you have to choose between sleep and exercise, sleep.
- Alcohol. Extremely estrogenic. Not good. One small, small caveat is red wine. You don't want more than 4 oz per night maximum. They think it may mimic the effects of estrogen lowering drugs.
- Exercise. Boosts your immune system, keeps free radicals in check and helps you maintain your weight. Lowers fat, which makes more estrogen in doctor.
- IVF, Birth Control pills. Read studies first. Can predispose you to breast cancer and ovarian cancer later in life. Use condoms.
- Boost fiber content.
- Omega-3s - Barlene's. Inhibits inflammation.
Caller with sleep-related eating disorder called. It was awesome. You should download the podcast so you can hear it.
I did my best to compile these notes from the show. If there are any errors, please send me an email, and I'll try to correct it as soon as possible. I am not a doctor, personal trainer, dietician, or anything that would remotely qualify me to give advice about health, medicine, or anything else. Please consult a professional before following any advice. This site is a summary of information provided on the Jillian Michaels Podcast that was compiled to the best of my ability. I am not responsible for any inaccuracies or errors.
Photo from Empowered Media/ITunes.