Podcast was published on January 7, 2013.
Jillian and Janice recapped the hellishness of the holidays. Janice talked about how she bought Christmas decorations in anticipation of having the perfect home. That would be a log home. A house like Michael Landon's home. She can't afford it, but she's acquiring things in anticipation. Jillian wants her to be happy with where she's at.
Life is now. People have to love you now for who you are. Oh my, there was a lot of talking about having stuff and how that affects happiness. Jillian worries about not being able to take care of everyone in her world.
Jillian made Janice call someone to invite them over for tea. The alternative was to sign up for match.com. Jillian wants all listeners to take a risk and reach out to someone.
Kitchen Essentials that Will Help You Keep Slim
- Kitchen scale - Use for one or two weeks, and you'll start to be able to eyeball portions. Weigh your food when it's raw. It cooks down in size, but it still has all of the calories once it's cooked.
- Measuring cups - Use to measure cereal.
- Oil mister - If you have iron pans, you'll need this
- Steamer - Great way to prepare your foods. Cheap and easy. Saves you a ton of calories.
- Herb mill - Shred fresh herbs. Jillian got this for Christmas instead of a chocolate Santa.
- Muffin tin - Make fattening things in small sizes. It's portion control!
- Dab off your food. You can save about 200 calories by patting off the extra oil on your food at restaurants.
- Chill things. Then the congealed fat comes to the top. Just scrape it off and you're saving a ton of calories.
Mara - Wants a juicy booty. You can't tell your body where to lose and gain fat. You can try to build muscle. She needs a calorie surplus, and needs to exercise with heavy weights. The extra calories are used to repair muscle. Eat about 10 percent more than you're burning in a day. Lift the lower body with heavy weight. Do deep squats with weight, lunges. Don't eat crap food. Eat protein. It's going to take at least six months.
Vanessa - Has really low energy. Needs to go see an endocrinologist or a gynecologist. She has really bad PMS. Low sodium, no alcohol, and primrose oil can help. Vanessa is beyond that. She may have something more serious going on. She needs to have her bloodwork checked, and check for cysts. For water weight, you want high potassium food like coconut water, bananas, leafy greens. Reduce your sodium, avoid alcohol, have some grass-fed red meat, take primrose oil. Getting in control of your biochemistry will also help with issues down the road.
Janice shared that she still gets her period although she's 53. Jillian was uncomfortable. Janice said that Jillian has issues with "the area." The end of this show was super hilarious. As always, talk of passing gas. Worth a listen!
I did my best to compile these notes from the show. If there are any errors, please send me an email, and I'll try to correct it as soon as possible. I am not a doctor, personal trainer, dietician, or anything that would remotely qualify me to give advice about health, medicine, or anything else. Please consult a professional before following any advice. This site is a summary of information provided on the Jillian Michaels Podcast that was compiled to the best of my ability. I am not responsible for any inaccuracies or errors.
Photo from Empowered Media/ITunes.