Podcast posted on December 28, 2012
Biggest Loser Debut
Get excited! The Biggest Loser Debut is going to be a two-night premiere. Compelling studies of people overcoming their demons.
Talk of lawsuits and fighting impulsivity. If you have a chicken little in your life, how is it affecting you? If it's taxing on you, you might need to detox your life from that. Put yourself in a supportive environment, and you will make new friends.
- How many calories in a pound? 3500 calories per pound
- Some red food dye is made from bugs. True. Labeled as carmine.
- Pink slime is...beef treated with ammonia.
- Which has the most salt? Raisin Bran has 300-some mg of salt. More than potato chips or a piece of American cheese. Yikes!
- Which cocktail contains something that treats malaria? Gin and Tonic. The tonic does it.
- What is trans fat? Fat that has a hydrogen atom added to it.
- What is xantham gum? It's a binder. Made from bacteria that feed on corn and soy. They "think" that it's non toxic.
- Propelyne glycol is a food additive. You can also find it in antifreeze. It's in your toothpaste. It keeps things from drying out.
- What's better? Multi-grain, whole grain, or enriched grain? Whole grain. It needs to say 100 percent whole grain.
- All processed food is bad. False. Frozen vegetables are good.
- What is the ideal ratio of protein, carbs, and fat you should be eating? Protein - 40 percent, Carbs 30 percent, Fat 30 percent.
- How much water should you drink? Drink enough until your pee looks like lemonade. If it looks like apple juice, keep drinking.
We have no idea what we're eating.
Beth - Has a 14 month old. Needs recipe ideas for toddlers. Fresh Start by Tyler Florence is a good resource. Baeba Cook baby food maker. Mix organic vanilla yogurt with fruit puree. Jillian also recommends bribing. Offer a cookie if the child eats all of the chicken or whatever. Kale chips. Barlene's lemon merengue fish oil.
Caller doing Body Revolution. Wanted to know about timing workouts and eating. Really, there's no effect. You don't want a lot of starch right before you go to sleep. About two hours before you go to bed, you want to avoid starchy carbs. Whenever you can fit it in is the best time to fit it in. In a perfect world, you should do the workout at the same time every day.
I did my best to compile these notes from the show. If there are any errors, please send me an email, and I'll try to correct it as soon as possible. I am not a doctor, personal trainer, dietician, or anything that would remotely qualify me to give advice about health, medicine, or anything else. Please consult a professional before following any advice. This site is a summary of information provided on the Jillian Michaels Podcast that was compiled to the best of my ability. I am not responsible for any inaccuracies or errors.
Photo from Empowered Media/ITunes.